Thursday, February 4, 2010

Watch Out World

I've been trying for months/years to convince my boss that what he doesn't realize is that in my personal life, I'm kind of a big deal. (ha!) That though he sees me as lowly. One day I might be famous. And he will have known me back when.

I also try to convince Mac. Not that I'm famous. But that I should dress the part. Right? Isn't that what they say? Don't dress for the part you have. Dress for the part you want. I think my mom was referring to how I shouldn't wear a strapless dress to work even if it looked ok under a cardigan. Though I clearly use such tricks to justify the initial purchase (All purchases can be justified by total price divided by number of wears.....wearing slightly inappropriate clothes to work, really rocks the ratio...I highly recommend)

Newho. It is because of such theories that late last year I directed Mac to popsugar.com (which he still swears is going to give our Macbook a virus.....as likely as ESPN.com, which I'm pretty sure is hit-up daily)

Exhibit A. Lauren Conrad a la December 2009.



And then today.......

Exhibit B. Lauren Conrad a la February 2010.



I just want you all (read: Mac) to find comfort in the fact that (please don't find comfort in the fact that I notice what Lauren Conrad wears on a daily basis), but rather, if I one day find myself quite famous and owning such a superb coat, I too would wear it lots and be just fine photographed in it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment