Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowmageddon 2010


So I went to work last Friday till about 11 am. I might go tomorrow. I LOVE Snow! Every 10 minutes I feel convicted and try to pray for people who are sad or stuck or cold or hurt because of snow. But in the in between time. I LOVE it. Honestly. I don't know how to get bored. I can't say that this is my best trait. I wouldn't brag or anything. But I also wouldn't mind being stuck home for bit longer. Mac has had to work 2 of the days I've stayed home (one being today). So I'm trying to account for what I do while he is gone. I lost about 5 hours that last time. Who knows what I did. Perhaps just pondered life's greatest thoughts.

1. Should Betty White be offered the chance to host SNL? ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY! Yes. I'm an SNL junkie. Yes I'm one of the 3 people left who Tivo every episode. Watch the whole thing. And then point out the highlights to my uninterested hubby, and trapped house guests. I also may or may not have watched 8-9 episodes of Golden Girls each day the months I lived at home right after college graduation. Who knew it came on so much? I did. Last night I told Mac that if I had to count the top 5 days in my life, 1 would be a sum of this snow week, and we all know a 2nd would be the live viewing of SNL attended on my bachelorette weekend in NYC. Mac fears this overshadowed our wedding......moving on :) JK.

2. Do I have a time slot in my life for American Idol? We used to do this AI rotation watch with our friends the Mitchells. We would alternate houses and cook for each other and enjoy what was in the end the battle of the Davids. But the Mitchells moved. And I was introduced to Vampire Diaries (Did you see that Dodge ad at the super bowl? it was meant for Mac. he would already own a new dodge if it weren't for the snow). Either way, we kinda said Idol will not be my Idol and decided to move on. Until Ellen. I was afraid of no more Paula. I knew the show would be canceled with no more Simon. BUT. There is a chance I would watch with only Ellen. You should check it out. If you have like 3 days each week of your life to give to the next "won't ever top Carrie Underwood" Idol.

3. Were the Super Bowl ads better than ever or was it just me? And did I start cheering a lil bit for the Colts? Did everyone? But then was I ok when it was over? Has Carolina bball ruined my sport watching ability? I loved the ads. They were SO much better than they were 8 years ago, when Kara was in the journalism school and had to watch them all for class. My fave was the whale one. The whale in the truck at the bachelor party. I don't know why. I just loved it. I would link you to it, but you would prob say you had a diff fave and I wouldn't blame you. There were so many good ones. We started eating Doritos before the 2nd Q. No joke. And I started cheering for both teams on offense. This made no sense. But I think I did this in the BCS Championship game as well. If I'm being honest. Mac doesn't like to watch football with me anymore. how's that for honesty?

4. Sarah Palin. Do I blame her personally or the Republican party for her glimmer of hope in running for President. A train wreck, that I can't even watch. I don't know who to be disappointed in. But I might just have to throw my name in the hat. Oh to be so over politics and live in their breeding ground. It's confusing. But it doesn't matter. Bc there is soooo much SNOW!!!!!!

I thought about making these all separate posts. To make me seem all blog writery. But I figured if you saw all the thoughts that have been going through my head at one time. You would confirm that 1. I am a girl. and 2. You would never be bored either. Maybe LOST (i love that show). But never bored. Oh yeah. And something about Iran and nuclear weapons. But who would want to sit around thinking about that?

4 comments:

  1. After reading your post, I'm no longer bored! :) Yes, I'd LOVE Betty White on SNL! I don't watch it really at all, but I would if she hosted. And the girls' trip to NY, that came pretty darn close to topping the wedding. hee hee and somehow, I missed seeing nearly all the commercials for the super bowl. i think i was blogging instead :) happy snow days. I'm only a tiny bit jealous. oh wait, a LOT jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing your thoughts... that's what happens when you have lots of snow and time to actually write out what's in your head. As far as I'm concerned, keep the snow coming... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still have memories of looking over at your face and seeing tears as the elevator doors closed and half of your friends remained on the outside. but alas, those tears were countered and the look of utter jubilation when you found your seat only to look up and see your friends find their seats as well... and then to watch 'and iran' as a 'live' digital short... yes, mac. it might just overshadow the wedding day.

    ReplyDelete