Wednesday, August 5, 2009

REALLY? Paula Abdul is leaving Idol


I know the tweeters around the world are wondering if it's true. Hoping it's the summer version of "24" and that there will be a twist in the end where she comes back. Personally I often tear up watching her. Often wondering her poison of choice that leads her to stand and clap and sway and cry and say the craziest of things. But I love her. Every episode. At least once. I said out loud "I love Paula". I'm a little too into pop culture (so I've been told, so I've been shamed), and I often am harsh on stars for awkward interviews on my late night show of choice David Letterman. I am willing to totally revoke my like toward any fave star if they giggle wrong or tell a lame story. But recently I realized. I can't even make cold calls at work without jumbling over my words. And I'm so tone deaf I can't even sing at church if the lady next to me is belting out too loud/"harmonizing". So I clearly get that when up on stage, given the largest audience most singers will ever receive, that these kids (I say that to feel old) need a Paula. Not gonna lie. Sometimes I wish I had my own personal Paula cheering me on. I wouldn't mind if she was hopped up on something or in a relationship yet oddly flailing on the undershirtless guy next to her. I'd welcome the cheers. Wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment