Friday, April 23, 2010

I love the 23rd!

As many of you know (assuming only friends/family read this), today is an extremely special day, its Julie’s birthday! That’s right, April 23rd is a day that I will forever cherish. Also, this is Mac and yes it has been awhile since I have written, but if there is ever a reason to jump back in, this is it.

I’ll always remember the first birthday she celebrated after I met her. Only because of the emphasis she stressed that it was her “Golden Birthday” (turning 23 on the 23rd) In my mind I just thought she had the best birth – day, seeing as how my favorite basketball player wore the same number on his jersey. Anyways, realizing the importance of this particular birthday, I took her to her favorite play, Les Mis. After that night, we have made seeing plays and musicals a regular event in our lives, but that one will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart over the others.

Since the “Golden Birthday”, we have celebrated the 23rd many times. And without fail, every time this day rolls around, I count my blessings and am humbled that our amazing, personal and loving God chose to bless me with such an incredible person.

Julie – I love you more today, than any of the days before. You light up my world in a way nobody else can. You have the unique ability to make me laugh without reason, because to me, you are the funniest person I know. You sharpen and are patient with me as I learn to be the best husband for you. Thinking about all the things you are in my life, I can’t imagine where I would be without you.

My prayer for you today is that you know without a doubt how special and loved you are. Not just by me, but by everyone around you, because you deserve nothing less.

I love you and Happy Birthday!!

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Mackie hijacked the blog for you birthday which I think is the coolest thing EVER!! What a sweet post and the perfect ode to a very special person in our lives. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Speechless (and yes, that's a first.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a "Like" button for this with accompanying thumbs up??? Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking the same thing about the like button, which I have never actually used on fb! Sweet, sweet Mac! We love you both! Happy birthday week, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Haha! Just kidding! Mac, you're a pretty great guy too, seeing as you married Julie! Love you Juice! And hope your 29th is a wonderful one. I also hope the blog message wasn't your only gift, although it WAS a really thoughtful message, but just for Julie's sake... :) Nice work, Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, jules......... love this post!!! just am reading it now. you two are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have no excuse for not writing in over 2 months.

    none.

    ReplyDelete