Thursday, July 15, 2010

Worth it


I do love to blog. Mainly bc I have so many words that I like to use in a day....a pretty hefty quota in fact..... and Mac wears out around 200. So this is my space for the rest of them. But as you (assuming "you" are still out there) may have noticed or assumed, I've been lost..... in the land of the way too busy....I've seen many of you there! Ha!

I need to catch you up on the rest of my glorious birthday events, before I'm a year older! My new job. Our dear friend Robert joining Jesus. I want to blog about so many big things that have been going on. Big things that I get lost in. But tonight I was found. Grounded. And no, it wasn't thanks to my dear hubby cooking dinner for the third night in a row. That is humbling. But I only share that to brag! The news that found me, the reason I blog tonight, is a message from Mac's best bud Oscar and his way-too-cute family. You can watch the video as I did at the link below.


Cute kids, right? But the video really got me tonight. Recently I was challenged by a best bud of mine regarding wealth. She reminded me that we all have so much. Though as long as I'm being transparent, I admit to often complaining of the opposite. Way often. 180 out of my 200 words some days. But I get her point. And the most exciting thing is that part of my wealth is knowledge of a Savior....who much like you (you are reading this, right?) hasn't given up on me yet. He's faithful. And I forget this in my busyness. I forget to share this wealth while I'm busy trying to make my own wealth...... And I don't see my life slowing down. And I doubt you do either! For the most part, I like my busy. And no, I'm not trying to find an escape clause. This is not some kind of easy way out. I know, and am thankful, that my busyness allows me to connect in my space, with people that I might otherwise never know. But realize that it also allows me to make money to support dear friends and strangers who are then able to have full time jobs leading people to the greatest source of all wealth.

When I allow myself to slow down. When I sit back and realize what matters. What I want to be my success. Where I want to find my value. I know that I truly do have abundant wealth. And I feel lucky that I get to give!


4 comments:

  1. I love that you blogged tonight...it's so good to see you again in the blog world! You've been missed. Just know I'll always be one of the first ones to read, no matter how much time is in between each post. :) And what you shared is important. There really is so much joy in giving, and it's an honor to be a part of people's lives like Oscar and Candis who are out there in the trenches. We're in the trenches too, it just looks a little different sometimes. What a great idea to share their video with others this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. WAY TO GO, MACKIE for making dinner!! I'm very impressed and that is somethin' for Julie to brag about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! i have been checking this EVERY DAY - hoping and waiting patiently. Thanks for making it worth it :) miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally need more blogging from you in my life. :) Your mostest loyalest reader.

    ReplyDelete