Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Road Trippin: #5 Austin City Limits









Late September we got a reprieve from driving around our car (affectionately known to us as Jym), and took off on a jet plane to Austin, by way of San Antonio, with a layover in Houston. Really we were trying to hit up TEXAS. And we did.
The occasion was lil mini Brennan's baby dedication at church. Though he is no longer our newest nephew (it is tough to keep any one position for long!), for one reason or the other his dedication is the only one we have had the honor and blessing of attending in person. As a girl that cries during most dedications at our home church, it was super special to be there and stand as family for Brennan. To speak aloud our commitments to him before the church and God. And also, he's really cute. So that's fun too!





In other news I'm really into cooking. Yes, I overly involve myself in my tv shows (which should be a blog post in and of itself), but also in my books (a post that has been written, but might need a revisit). I loved Julie and Julia. Bc I'm her. Without being crazy liberal. And without the shady morals and potty mouth. No red hair. Ok, I'm not her. But my heart is where her heart was, so I connected with the book and have started cooking more. My colleagues love these shenanigans and one day if I cook something besides chocolate, I'm sure Mac will approve of my new hobby as well. Long story to say, it was SO fun to taste all of Meghan's wonderful meals and be inspired to try new things (though my "new things" are still limited to only chicken and beef, no sandwiches, no veggies besides cucumbers/broccoli/green beans, and no to anything I don't like, including anything with a "texture") But it's fun to pretend I'm adventurous and so fun to be hosted by a pseudo chef with a really cute baby!

1 comment:

  1. You beat me to it! I still have yet to do a post about Brennan's dedication weekend. We were SUPER blessed to have you all be a part of the special weekend! Those are some wonderful pictures and thanks for your sweet comments about the food. I'm sure I didn't hit the mark on everything, but I sure thought about what you'd like for every one of the meals. :) What a special Aunt and Uncle you all are!

    ReplyDelete