Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Road Trippin #6: Jerry World




So as I've mentioned. We try to keep things "fair" in our little household. To do this, each
year we have a girl trip and a boy trip. (I say this as if we've been married for ages, but just go with it). This year we didn't. (So now I just spoke of a tradition that only lasted like once) Neway. This year instead of separate trips, as you noticed in Road Trippin #1, we invited boys to the girls trip. And then I invited myself to the boy trip! Last December, I believe it was, our friends the Walls initiated the idea of going to the Texas A&M vs. Arkansas game in Dallas, TX. If I was honest, I was not in the original game plan (sadly when looking back at the game, not sure the team was either). However, as soon as I heard that the game would be held in the new Dallas
Cowboys billion dollar stadium, I was in. We found the best (read cheapest and yet direct!) flight we've ever had to Texas and were hosted by Tiffany Wall's gracious fam. The stadium did not disappoint. The game might have. But we've (with greater
reluctance than most) moved on to basketball season (except for Mac's amazing fantasy football team!-awesome that the team we can still get behind has fantasy in the title, should have known)













Tailgating with alumni from a football school is a great experience that I've missed since
childhood (though the childhood ones didn't have plasma tvs). Even if I can count on 2 hands the games I've been to where Clemson and A&M (combined) have won (though Clemson did beat A&M at one, so I will not count this for either), losing does not stop the fans. And I have to say that being adopted (even if I just declared myself adopted) into the Aggie tradition is something to be proud of. You would cry too! I promise! When you see the whole stadium wrap their arms around each other and sing. When you see the little players on the field (they were little from the upper deck, HUGE on the big screen) singing their hearts out. I am proud to be a Carolina Tarheel, but you can't watch the fans at an A&M game without knowing it's special and wanting what they have. To which I then conclude, by using the transitive property, that it makes NO SENSE that they don't win every (or at least all but 1) game. If I were a football player, I'd hands down be an Aggie! I guess God knew what he was doing when he let me put on high socks for the church bball team. But as a fan, I feel so honored to be a part of both traditions! Gig 'em Aggies!




**The pictures included are to show off the 60 yard jumbotron. Once you get the idea of how large and clear it was from anywhere in the stadium, you will laugh your silly head off that I saw boob! That's right. Some girl loved it when they scored, as did I. She just jumped up and down. Up and down. And pop goes the weasel! IT WAS AWESOME. Thank goodness for tv delay or you too could have seen "it" from the safety of your own home. Other pics include the boys at the tailgate, me and Tiffany-who looks beautiful even after having a baby a few weeks before!, and the stadium, which made the movie Independence Day come to life**

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' your posts today! And all on your anniversary no less! ;) That stadium is enormously ridiculous. But that is the cutest picture of you and Mac; it's fabulous. Crazy about the "it"; I can't even bring myself to type the word...hee hee.

    You know the Aggies have something special when, even though their team is bad these days, you still feel proud to be an Aggie (or at least an adopted Aggie, as I am also). Gig 'em.

    ReplyDelete