Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Smile Guarantee

So today (so far) has not been one of those days that make you smile. It's more like one of those "the flu shot gave you the flu, so you didn't have time to pack your lunch bc you overslept for your condo refinancing where they had your "wrong" credit info, so you with your scowl blamed your husband, who hence didn't want to converse, as you were flailing around the metro, walking in late to your office where your new desk is in the center of the universe....and not in a production way, but in a NO privacy way, where your new cube-mate promised to bring you back your fave BLT popover from her "client lunch", but then just didn't, so while your stomach is eating itself it really hurts to notice that the way overpriced dress you (emotionally) bought last night in a size that you were hoping to "grow into" (nobody really hopes this, you just do what you gotta do to justify), became available in your size. (the "helpful" lady suggested I simply buy them both. but even I know that your husband can be maxed out way before your credit card)" So not a bad day. Nothing really wrong.

I was just a bit hesitant when I got the email, subject line "Acorns-sure to make you smile" But I opened it. And it did.

"Since it is the time of year for acorns to fall off the trees, they are abundantly available to Baby Hannah, who is collecting them in a Ziploc baggie to take to Chip and Dale!"

Road Trippin: #9---46 days till Disney World. And yes, we're all counting!!! Just thankful to finally be in the double digits!

PS My eyes teared up the first 5 times I stared at the email. The 6th time I couldn't help but wonder if the baggie would soon contain bugs. I know. Only my mind goes there. I know. I know.

1 comment:

  1. um.... so, i love your blog. i just read the entire thing top to bottom. i didn't realize you were such an active blogger! and i didn't realize how incredibly entertaining your blogs are to read :) and how funny you are. yes, you are witty. yes, you have a fun life, and yes, i want to keep sharing in it with you by reading a little more regularly! so keep posting - it's great!

    ReplyDelete