Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Don't Walk, RUN!!!!

Bradley Cooper is coming to Broadway!!!!!

And you can trust me on this one. Because I've seen him there before. It was 2006. I don't have to hit the google. I know this one.

So often people get hung up on why things happen. In a recent bible study we discussed lists of "Whys" and "What Ifs." It was therapeutic. For reals. Try it. When I came home we played all over again. It was fun to give these things a name. On paper. And then shred the paper.

But I digress. Back in 2006 the love of my life, who I had been dating for 2 years mind you, broke up with me. I've started saying that these kind of things happen to make you relatable. But maybe, just maybe after 6 1/2 years of marriage I can forgive, forget make lemonade out of these lemons? Because it was during this time when that stud, who we will now only refer to as "the hubs," bought me 2 tix to see Three Days of Rain on Broadway!!!!! (Apparently he knew the way to my heart in addition to how to break it?!) So me and one of the bestsies jumped in the 4Runner (really taking a walk run down memory lane aren't we?) and hightailed it to NYC for the day. Not even a full day. Just long enough to get a glimpse. Julia Roberts, Paul Rudd, Bradley Cooper-- before he was even Bradley Cooper!! Just trust me. We drove back in the wee hours of the night. And we literally talked about his eyes THE.ENTIRE.RIDE. Talk about therapeutic!!!

So while I don't have profound answers to most of my "whys." And I still fill my head with the "what ifs." I know that only God can provide real peace. Forgiveness is an action that you have to initiate in your own heart despite how it was hurt. And New York is just a bus ride away!

1 comment:

  1. Can I hop on that bus with you to NYC to see the play?! Love how you made me laugh and spoke truth so well in this post. Makes me think of Papa and Cita's 'secrets to 50 years of marriage': a sense of humor and forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete