Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Last Year is Just Last Month

Because the purpose of the blog is to capture our life as a family. And because I took a 4 year break. I am going to have to play catch up. I won't go back too far. Because if I'm honest I don't remember her all that well. But I will fill you in on our recent past.

I've shared a bedroom since I was 17 (not so recent past). If my twins were the same gender I'm pretty sure I would insist they share a room until they are 17. Though I am an introvert, I hold very little value for personal space. As a family of 4 we live in 880 sq ft and I never dream of a bigger house. Only of a kitchen with 2 drawers. 

Just prior to the hubs I shared a room with a dear friend. We met one evening shortly after she had filled half our closet with her clothes. I knew it would be love at first sight when my first sight was her over sized stuffed bear Tim. And it was. We worked at the same company, had some of the same exact clothes (even some I hadn't seen on her before I bought them, hehe), and both had this deal where we had to fall asleep each night to good TV. SITC was our drug of choice. For us it was the TBS version, which was more of a ITC. Our biggest difference is perhaps my inability to get it together in the packing department. Before every trip I would stress her out by not packing until the day of. I'm a planner in so many areas. But this just isn't one of them. I do have a sensitive excited-dar. So maybe I subconsciously protect myself from getting overly excited about upcoming trips? No. It's because I'm lazy. That excuse didn't even make sense as I typed it. 

Well. Some things never change. And thank goodness bc I hate change. For our week long Christmas trip to Texas--first as a family of four--not one item had been packed as of 9 am on the morning of our flight.  It's how I roll, but I'm not sure I would recommend it. Though if I didn't project accountability onto fictitious blog readers than it could remain my little secret. The trip went off without a hitch. It was a very Merry Babies' First Christmas!






1 comment:

  1. I adore the picture of the four of you on Christmas Eve! Christmas was one month ago today, and I sure wish we were all together again. How fun it was! Although, I'm really, really glad I wasn't in your home the morning you began packing because I'd be freaking out a little. No, a lot. On the positive side, I'm super impressed you can pull it off!

    ReplyDelete