Thursday, December 3, 2009

Judge On


So the stories on Tiger won't stop if I have anything to do with it. I read someone comment about how it's his personal life and we should stop reading the magazines selling the stories. But I swear. I might not give them a penny. But if they're following me, they'll keep writing. Cause I'm following them. (I don't think they follow me? I don't think......) I do feel really dirty after I read the stuff. Or listen to the VMs. Or relisten. Or turn up the volume and listen again. But I also have a slight female crush on his wife. And am interested in (potentially) the largest divorce settlement in history ($300 million!!!!)--though I hear there is a pre-nup that is being revamped--not sure why you would make deals for money to stay married--anyone? So perhaps this is made up. I for one, am cheering for her to stick with him. That the marriage counseling is a slow success. And that they can raise the super duper cute kids as a family (though I heart Parnevik's article). I am also hoping he is humbled. That he's broken and realizes that there is more to lose in life than a game of golf. But as we break our chalk tallying the girls coming forward and Mac repeats jokes like "Tiger's a Cheetah" (you know you laughed), I quickly swore off television the second I hear that Roger Federer has an affair. For real. Dramatic times=dramatic threats. I also wouldn't mind if some great researcher (pick me!) did a Census on cheating. Just how normal is it? Are we desensitized? If Brangelina isn't married is it still cheating? If Sienna Miller was cheated on, then was the cheatee and is now crawling back to Jude Law, has she just succumb to being "one of many"? Once a cheater always a cheater? Does the idea that you thought about cheating with someone of the same sex (read: Fergie) really distract from the fact that your husband slept with a stripper? And is there anyone left that is looking to any of these people as role models? Just say no. To drugs. All kinds of affairs. And celebrity heros. I'll stick with my mom.


2 comments:

  1. took me a sec on the "Tiger is a Cheetah" (sad), but then I laughed a lot. That's just the kind of joke I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not just do it. Like Nike says. That is the stuff dreams are made of. I love that guy.

    ReplyDelete