Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Road Trippin: #3 Tri Syle

Before the race

On Sept 13 at approximately 9:15 AM we completed our first Sprint Triathlon. And for the most part loved it. Though it's kinda like being broken up with. When you're going through it, it sucks. And then afterwards you only remember and cling to the good, fond memories? Which you hope to repeat. Knowing that next time it won't hurt so bad? Luckily for relationships there's marriage. Unfortunately as far as triathlons go, I don't think I'll ever win.

We arrived to town in time to eat at The Cheese Shop (thanks Kara!), a Williamsburg must! Then headed to the hotel room to sit. For as long as possible. Come to think of it, I am really talented at pre-race and post-race day activities. Excellent sitter and sleeper! When we got to the hotel room it was huge, but my parents, who were meeting us there, were nowhere to be found! A while later we hear a knock on the door. We open the door to a huge cart full of gear and my parents. This is not unusual for my parents to overpack (for 1 night!!!!), but either way I yelled "Hey Mac, come look at how much stuff they brought!" Just then, Kim, baby Hannah, and Bella Cottontail jumped around the corner! It was the perfect surprise! We officially had a huge fan club!

Besides the race morning antics of forgetting the breakfast bananas, losing all the air in the bike tires--not knowing how to refill them, dropping the goggles by the car bc it was 6 am and pitch black.... the whole trip was a blazing success! The guys at work had bet that I could beat Mac. So Mac's pride made sure that didn't happen. But I promised my body if it would just swim this one time it would never have to swim again. If it could just bike me that far, I'd kiss the bike goodbye forever/give it back to Molly, and oh the run. Move legs, just for 3.1 miles, and then we will sit and bask in the glory that is Fall television. And I've been true to my word thus far. But just like a good break-up.....we might one day get back together!

A big thanks to our fans! Those who attended, sent care packages, and thought that I could win! (for those of you especially, check out the pic far left......can you even see me in the pic? Mac's transition station was that much closer to the action, read: finish line. It was rigged!)


After the race

*Other pics include Mac crossing the finish line (please use magnifying glass). Me in major freak out mode pre-swim. And baby Hannah thinking that she too needed to bend down to be in the frame.*

1 comment: