Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Things We Like: Fantasy Football

Recently my friend Hartley said "You guys go to a lot of football games." I'm pretty sure Mac would disagree. But my response was "We try to be fair." And we do. To a point that probably pains Mac and shames me as a Republican. Either way this year we will go to 1 UNC football game. And 1 Texas A&M football game. One could say "But didn't you go to 2 Final Four's?" And to that I say. When you're good, you're good. Yikes, I've just isolated readers. And I haven't even gotten to the part where I mention UNC's pre-season ranking #20 (and though I pressed "Ctrl-F" I didn't see A&M on the list. Maybe I was looking at the wrong list?) Maybe these razzing blogs won't have the positive effect on my blog or home life that I was looking for? I just keep thinking, if I harass him enough, he'll post. I think they say that in "Field of Dreams". I'm greatly anticipating a blog coup.

Newho, most guys think they would do anything to have their wife more interested in sports. To understand why they need to watch games. All day. Sat. Sun. and that's just the fall! But here's the catch. Guys want girls to understand why they need to. Not to join in!

And here's why.

Mac has been involved in a Fantasy Football league since 2002. I have been putting UNC winning my bball pool since 2003. And that's the source of our conflict. Though I might try to hang with the guys. I'm still a girl. If I got my pick. I'd pick Jack Delhome. And just pray he doesn't throw five interceptions when it matters. I don't like the way he looks in the Bojangles cape. But I wish they showed the commercials on my tv! (And I wish I lived closer to a Bojangles.) I always pick with my heart. A somewhat researched heart. But still in the end. The heart wins. One time my heart led me all the way to the pool money. And to me that just made sense!

So far Mac has chosen to keep DeAngelo Williams as his "keeper". Ok, maybe I'm also a tad rusty on fantasy terminology. But he's keeping a Panther. He says it's bc he looked at the cheat sheet. But I think he's just following his heart.

Oh the little refresh button on the iPhone will be tired on Sundays. But I can't wait to write about me and the Panthers.......at the Super Bowl! It could happen! Not sure who is less likely to make it me or them. But I'm practicing dreaming big. And if Carolina accidentally makes it to the Rose Bowl. To keep it fair. We'll sit this one out.

1 comment:

  1. I am ecstatic that it's football season! I love the pictures you posted on this blog. I have nothing worthwhile to say about fantasy football though, 'cause I know nothing about it. We're ready to cheer for A&M...and for Carolina if they accidentally make it to the Rose Bowl. I'm still waiting for my UNC t-shirt though to be a proper fan.

    ReplyDelete