Thursday, March 11, 2010

Comfortable

So as I've hinted. I hate change. And I LOVE being "home". My mom used to joke that when I was little (perhaps 15) I used to assure her that I was going to live with her when I grew up. I was never leaving. She usually tells me this in a "and now you live so far away" tone. But I try to let it slide. Sprinkles is coming to Washington, DC. And I'm going to be here!

The ladies at the Starbucks across the street from my work know me. Not because I can afford a coffee every day. But bc I walk over with my colleagues. For the sole reason that I like to be known. I like to have my Starbucks home.....which is MUCH better than the "inefficient Starbucks" near my real home. And it's the same with the ladies at Wachovia. Who knows if Wachovia is even the best bank? Let's just say they've had a rough couple of years. But the ladies there know me. And I would recommend them to anyone.

So it wouldn't surprise you if I showed you a picture of my 8 best friends in high school. (yes, I acknowledge that one is missing...she was too cool..jk) And my 8 college roommates (from senior year)














Both groups=8 girls. Both groups= about to all be married off this calendar year. Both groups=only 1 girl has kids. Both of those who have 1 kids =have 2 kids. I'm quirky. Probably more than odd that I even noticed all of these parallels. But lucky to feel so loved? Change is hard. But growing families lended room for my perfect husband. And growing older has brought with it the most comfortable friends.




So the moral of the story is................................



CLAIRE GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (clearly I was going to find a way to make the entire post mostly about me) Claire is very home to me. And I've been waiting for this day my whole life. (Sounds dramatic. But so true.)

4 comments:

  1. Love this post. Also, I love your Pink Ladies jacket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! And am I allowed to say, "FINALLY"!?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! I'm going to get that picture of you and I stitched on a pillow or screenprinted on a shirt b/c I LOVE it. And Megan...you are too funny:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is adorable. I love it...and I love you and Claire!

    ReplyDelete