Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Loving Jesus means never having to check into rehab.....

So there are so many things I want to blog about. But life is sweeping me away at the moment, however, I just had to jump on. In honor of Holy week. and give a shout out to the Big guy. And you knew it would come back to Tiger. OR Jesse. OR whoever is going to rehab today. For the love, just confess you are sinful! Confess you are broken. To the Lord, not to me, though you know I love to hear every word they say, a sorta dreamer paparazzi wannabe.

Ok ok ok, I will start over. Like *most* things in life, there is a time and place for everything, including rehab...don't we all need it in one area or another? And hats off to people who need help and get it. I loooove me some time with a paid professional who can point out good, hard truths. Sometimes Mac will even do this for free. Aren't I lucky? BUT, I hate a cop out. so much that i don't even know if that's how you spell it. I'm not one to judge motives and talk about it on an open forum (and try not to behind any backs! yikes!), but pah-lease. You are not a sex addict. You just thought you could get away with it. I'm sure you are sorry....that you got caught! But for real. All your money in your fancy rehab won't cure your heart. Perhaps it will go far for your image. There's a chance it might go somewhere with your wife. But your heart needs saving. It needs something, even on your best day. And that's why we have Easter. You can work your whole life to be a good person and do good things. But you'll die trying, losing in comparison, to the one who lived life perfect.

At a wedding a few weeks ago the minister reminded us of a great truth. And I just keep repeating it to anyone that will listen. God did not create marriage to make us happy, but to make us holy. And His grace is enough to redeem us everyday. And we'll need it. Don't run away from your issues. Run to someone who can save you despite them.

Off the soapbox.....on to the pastel candy. I really do love this time of year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh but I do love it when you get on a soap box... please get back up there once you have had your fill of pastel candy :)

    ReplyDelete