Thursday, March 11, 2010

Recognizing Yourself


So recently I haven't been able to recognize myself. And no I'm not referring to that extra softness that I've acquired from being so in love.....with thepioneerwoman.com. I've been a little less than faithful to my true love. And again I'm not referring to missing quiet times. Because that's a whole book of mess in and of itself. You see. I feel stuck. For the last 7 years I've headed up a March Madness bracket/pool/mania. It's been life changing. Mac used to joke that people should date a full year before they are married. So you can see each other through every season. He was referring to his need to see me during March. I LOVE MARCH. In fact if I think hard Mac broke up with me the second week in April. Perhaps my March-self makes people wonder. But I love myself in March. I love forcing my family to join a bracket and not even caring if I have to pay their buy-in. I love researching on ESPN and then CBS and then googling the odds only to find out that my company blocks that site. Every year. Every company.

That brings us to today. The first evening of the ACC tourney. The hope I feel comes close to the hope I felt on election day. (I love me some political jabs!) But seriously. I am taken back to yesteryear when I burned my Georgetown tee as they beat my Heels in the Dean Dome in the NIT!!!!!! This year I am giving my arm, leg, and most of my weekends to Georgetown. And yet my heart feels the loss and hurt of 2006. Ok not really, but that was really dramatic, eh? (did I mention I'm going to Canada, eh?)

So I have to poll. Do I even bother creating a pool? Will the 20 out of 25 people that usually pick UNC for that middle spot still try to get the computer to pick OUR team? Will Carolina pull the biggest upset in tourney history? Will they be the Cinderella at the dance? Or next week will I post pics from April 6, 2009?

I guess that's why you get married. Gig'em Aggies? My heart can only take so much.

Will you join my pool? OR should I try to fall asleep. And just wake up for my birthday.

**The picture above is full of great irony. The road did in fact end 4 hours after it was taken. And it might in fact end again 4 hours after I post this post"

1 comment:

  1. We would do one with you! It definitely won't be as much fun since NC ain't doing that great (is that why Brennan doesn't have a UNC t-shirt yet? are you embarrassed? cause he'd still wear it with pride.) :) :) :) We could always just flip coins to pick the bracket winners; that always makes it interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete