Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where Are They Now: Rob & Amber

During the most recent "After the Final Rose", which we didn't watch.... or Tivo and then watch...... actually I have no idea what that show even is, and neither does Mac.

Mac really doesn't.

His fave parts do not include that Jilly Beans called herself out for her classy profanity minutes before engagement or when America got it right with the usage of the word "mankini" refering to the green shorts, that we may or may not have seen on a previous episode, and the follow-up on the "night that wasn't". Here's hoping that Ed's a man's man and can get through that embarassment.

All that to say, it made me wonder. Whatever happened to my fave reality couple of all time, Rob and Amber? Ok, it didn't make me wonder. I already knew, but I took the chance to tell Mac. And now I tell you!

So Survivor, besides shows on MTV, could be accredited as the "tipping point" of reality television. In 2001, the second season, I used to watch at college, my dad would watch at home, we'd discuss. 8 years later, my dad still watches, I have moved on, as seen above, to real...meaningful television. But back in the day Amber was on Survivor. To be honest. I didn't notice. At the time I way into Elisabeth Filarski, better known as Elisabeth Hasselbeck. I admit that she stole my heart and has kept it. I confess that often as I talk at Mac while he plays the latest NCAA College Football on Xbox (babysitting money put to good use), I dream that he is the 4th string NFL quarterback and I am the only voice of sense and reason on a morning talk show. I've digressed.

Amber later came back to compete on Surivor All Stars. Where she met Rob, formed an alliance, took each other to the finals, proposed on tv, won a million dollars. And invited me to their wedding!!! Or at least the viewing on (duh) CBS, to which I gladly accepted! I love them!

From here they went on to compete on Amazing Race. And so did I. Since then they've come out with a game, a book or two, and a gambling tv show in Vegas. That's how I know it's real. Bc I'm really married. And I can't say I'm the best at letting my husband gamble away our million dollars that I won, but she loves him and wanted him to follow his dream. God bless her!

On July 4th, 2009 they had a baby! Lucia Rose. And I think if they aired that on tv, I would have watched it too. God is big enough to introduce people on realty tv. But for some reason this one feels more real because it wasn't their goal to find each other. Don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. hear, hear on your subtle comment about the talk show that Elisabeth Hasselbeck is on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rememeber that Survivor, a.k.a. the only one I ever watched. I like to refer to it as "TV Magic". P.S. When does the new season of The Bachelor start? I hope it is the most dramatic one ever. For some reason Amy is obsessed with Ed and Jillian. I'm sure they will end up together, just like all the others.

    ReplyDelete