Thursday, August 6, 2009

Things We Like: Rosslyn's 2009 "I Love the 80s" Outdoor Movie Series


We were introduced to this summer phenomenon through our friends the Campbells. (And we're just cheap enough to keep on keeping on!) Seeing as we first went with Carla and Andy, we were highly confused upon arrival when it was a movie and not a fierce competition. Though if you are lucky enough to attend with them, you can get in a few rounds of Uno pre-movie, to truly slip into the 80s.

So every Friday we gamble with the 70 percent chance of rain and head out to Rosslyn (we’ve only lost once to a hail storm). Though it’s just a mile away, basically two steps for a triathlete, we drive. And bring with us, a blanket made by my great grandmother and 2 2009 Final Four seat cushions, the 2008 clearly hide out under our bed. We’re winners.

The FREE movies we’ve attended are: Goonies, Dirty Dancing, 16 Candles, Top Gun, Back to the Future, and Short Circuit. In the actual 80s I only watched the last 2. Still not sure how my parents knew that the first line in 16 Candles contained the “F-word” or that Top Gun would take more than the breath away of a 5 year old, but from hence forth they can always use these arguments in a “parents know best” debate.

Overall we’ve loved reliving our childhood, in which if someone had just told me it was a DeLorean and not a Lamborghini, I could have dreamed less big. Currently we drive a Honda. But we still dream big.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! That 2nd paragraph, LOL like crazy! Don't ask me why our school allowed it, but we got away with watching "Dirty Dancing" in my high school class. Maybe because it was my dance class?? I don't know, but still, totally inappropriate. "Goonies" scared the bejeebers out of me and I still will never watch it (along with "Princess Bride"...I know, call me crazy). And "Back to the Future" just rocks. What movies are coming up?

    BTW, I'm commenting on your all's blog like my 6.5 month old doesn't exist. I'm addicted like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came over from your sister's blog. Lovin your blog :)

    ReplyDelete