Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things We Like: ICE CREAM!

Well I feel like we have been lying to the blog world. I tell Mac that a lie can be something you tell wrong, or something you keep a secret. And to not tell the world we love ice cream is as big as gets. (yes, another slow day in commercial real estate)

You see, we live in a room. There is a wall, so technically during fights we can separate ourselves, but what would me and my OCDness do in the bedroom while Mac is out in the den with video games and a big screen? So technically we live in a room. But I still find it necessary to own 2 ice cream churns. Who knows when you'll want to make 2 flavors? My mom tells me to use canned milk, but I use whipping cream. My friend Stephie once told me Vanilla (the only flavor Mac really likes) was boring to make. And I finally get it! Our friend Kelly wrote a blog on ice cream that was inspirational. I still need that B&J book! Cause B&J is my fave. In college I was on the news for going to Free Cone Day 9 times.

In fact, we only buy ice cream in pints. We're ice cream snobs. On the day I met Mac I taught my friend Lauren that you can eat a whole pint in one sitting. Granted we were 2 single girls on Valentine's Day, but really you don't have to be depressed. You can just do it! These days I try to make one pint, last 3 days. But once the economy turns around......!!!!!!

"Some people" (read a certain husband of mine) might say I have kid taste buds with an adult salary. Watch out cereal isle! (So this is where our money goes?) Most recently I craved Goodbye Yellow Brickle Road, a limited edition flavor originally only sold in Vermont--which did not seem too far. I mapquested it. Eventually it came to my local Giant. But has since left the stores, but not my freezer. One pint left! Last night, as I was eating B&J Creme Brule, (not as good as Haagan Dazs, also limited/now gone) B&J sent me an email to tell me about the latest limited edition, Key Lime Pie. And how I could win tickets to the NYC premiere of Where the Wild Things Are. Mac thinks I'm destined to win bc it combines my three fave things besides him: NYC, Hollywood and ice cream! It's almost like it was made me for. Kinda like Goodbye Yellow Brickle Road. So far today I've just gotten a lot of spam in my inbox.

Should I rush out the door for the Key Lime Pie? What's your fave ice cream? Obviously price and location are only speedbumps. But I don't share dairy, so none of this "two spoons." Two pints please!

5 comments:

  1. We have an ice cream maker, but i always forget about making homemade ice cream; well, and I'm too lazy to do it.

    Blue Bell's mint chocolate chip is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just discovered Blue Bell Blackberry Cobbler ice cream, and HIGHLY recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules- I love Key Lime Pie!! So I think in honor of me, you should try it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. no contest. blue bell anything!! you have to buy the b&j book. get on amazon now, and make oreo mint this weekend!

    ReplyDelete